Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Little Bit of Mason-Dixon



I had heard so much about Mason Dixon Knitting, by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne and looked through some online pictures that I was quite tempted to purchase the book...but ultimately decided not to because knitting for my home just wasn't appealing to me. Then my neighbor borrowed the book from our local library and let me look at it for a few days. Wow, is it addicting! With three WIPs and two abandoned projects I had no business starting anything new, but what's a little dishcloth? The Ballband Dishcloth knit up so fast and was so fun to do that I am tempted to make more. I love pulling it out of my kitchen drawer to use. Then there are the Moderne Blankets, based on Log Cabin quilting. I pulled out every blue cotton yarn I own (some purchased 16 years ago--ouch!) to start my own garter stitch log cabin dishcloth. Thumbing through the book inspires me to play with yarn in new ways and to tap into whatever creativity I might have.

No comments: