Monday, February 25, 2008

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Let me tell you...some of my students are on fire!! There is one boy in my class who particulary cranks out hats like there's no tomorrow. He's fast. He's smooth. A perfectionist (almost). The whole class is amazed at how fast he can knit. Here are just some of his goods.





His current WIP.

This student was making what seemed like a fancy shower cap as it was knitting up. But now I'd say it's a dandy beret. Not a bad effort.


This student is my creative knitter. She just knits away and figures out what it will be later. This is one of her more conventional projects. Her colorwork experiment worked out very well.


Finally, this knitter has truly amazed me. The work she produces is so nice. She tries new projects and new methods. When she comes to a part in her pattern that she doesn't know how to work, and I'm busy across the circle with another student, I can literally describe with words what she needs to do...she looks into space as she visualizes what I'm describing...she knits it up. Very impressive.


Playing with the loom.

No comments: