Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Monster Ball


The lastest trend in my class is the Little Monster Bear from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders, edited by Judith Durant. It started with one student who was looking through the book for something to knit. When she showed the picture to me, my first thought was, "Why would you want to knit THAT?!!" But then of course, it became clear when I remembered this is JUNIOR HIGH knitting. Of course! Brilliant idea!! Let's get started. This little project was so fun to watch. She used her increasing and decreasing skills and learned to make I-cords. She also got a heavy dose of finishing by sewing up seams and attaching the legs, arms, and ears. The little guy (gifted to her sister) caught on like wildfire and spawned a huge crop of more Little Monster Bears.



Don't you want one too?

No comments: