Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Leave It To the Children


One thing I have learned as a teacher is that I don't have to rely on myself for all the ideas and creativity for my knitting class. Junior highers are chock full of them. We have a teacher at our school who had been out ill for some time. One of my students had the amazing idea, all on her own, to begin knitting a scarf for this teacher and to have each of the students in the class have a turn at it. We used the feather and fan scarf pattern from the Mason-Dixon Knitting blog. The pattern was easy for me to teach to the one student, and in turn, easy for her to teach the four row repeat pattern to each of the other students. I loved watching her take on this project and she motivated the other students to participate. Beauty (sigh).

No comments: