Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not Just Jr. High Anymore

This spring has brought a new opportunity for me and that is to teach knitting to high school students in addition to the junior high. It has been fun getting to know my new students as well as having some of my old students take my class again. As before, I am adjusting to working with this age level.

First lesson: Senior girls are a sub-culture of their own.

I'll just leave it at that for now.

One thing is the same, though: KIDS CAN KNIT! In just a few weeks, look what the high schoolers have whipped out.


Representing for the boys:

A fun dishcloth.


And a sock.


And the girls are amazing:

Dishcloth.


Octopus...of her own design.


A gorgeous Tam.


Lace Hat...another of her own design.


Dishcloth.


Earflap hat.


Handbag and a Slice of Cake...more of HER designs...do you see a budding designer here?

No comments: